Tomato Kachumber (Fresh Tomato Salsa)
This simple Tomato Kachumber is made with freshly chopped vine tomatoes, red onion, coriander, chilli peppers and lime.
- 1 large vine tomato (100 g once deseeded) (deseeded and diced into 1/2cm cubes)
- 30 g red onion (finely diced)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp serrano chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
Cut the vine tomatoes in half lengthways. Using a spoon, scoop out the tomato seeds and pulp and discard.
Into a bowl add the diced vine tomatoes, red onion, coriander leaves, serrano chilli, lime juice and sea salt. Mix until the ingredients have combined well. Serve fresh.
Calories: 10kcal (1%) Carbohydrates: 2g (1%) Sodium: 297mg (13%) Potassium: 72mg (2%) Fiber: 1g (4%) Sugar: 1g (1%) Vitamin A: 4IU Vitamin C: 6mg (7%) Calcium: 2mg